COVID Alert NJ
Download COVID Alert NJ – Protect our Inspira Community!
COVID Alert NJ is New Jersey’s free and secure mobile app that anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
The app also provides users with up-to-date information on New Jersey reopening news, key COVID-19 metrics, and a user-friendly symptom tracking tool.
Want to protect your family & friends?
Download COVID Alert NJ.
COVID Alert NJ is a free and secure exposure notification app. Here's how it works:
- Download COVID Alert NJ on the App Store or on Google Play Store. Opt-in to receive "Exposure Notifications"
- As you go about your day, the app will use Bluetooth to sense any "close contacts" - other app users who are within 6 feet of you for more than 10 minutes.
- When your app senses a close contact, your phone will exchange a secure random code with the close contact's phone. It's important to note that your name and location are never disclosed.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, a public health representative will call you and ask if you're willing to anonymously notify your "close contacts" by uploading your app's close contact codes
- Each day, the app will compare your list of close contact codes to the list of codes associated with positive COVID-19 app users. If there's a match you will get an Exposure Alert, along with appropriate next steps.
Visit covid19.nj.gov/app to discover additional features and access more information on COVID Alert NJ.