Minimally invasive surgery is not new to the spinal surgery realm; yet many South Jersey residents are unaware of the advanced, cutting-edge services integrated into the comprehensive health system at Inspira.Read More
They throb. They pulse. They can make the dimmest light feel like the sun, and the smallest of movements seem impossible. A migraine episode can feel isolating, disabling and quickly put a halt to your day.
Our Approach to Headache and Migraine Care
The correct diagnosis for your head pain is important to finding an effective treatment plan. At Inspira, that starts with a physical and neurological exam to determine if you’re experiencing migraine, cluster or tension headaches. Our South Jersey neurologists will gather information like when your headaches started, how often they occur, what triggers them and any relevant medical history.
Ahead of your appointment, it’s helpful to keep notes that track your headaches and any facial pain. Things to document include:
- How long did the headache last?
- Is there an aura (changes in vision, blind spots, bright lights) before the headache?
- What did you eat or drink before the headache?
- What does it feel like (sharp, throbbing, pulsing)?
- What other symptoms or warning signs occur with the headache (nausea, light sensitivity, etc.)?
- What time of day did the headache occur?
- Where on your head is the pain located?
Why Choose Inspira for Headache Care
There’s no reason to travel outside of South Jersey when skilled neurologists and neurosurgeons are providing the best possible care right in your community. The time it takes to get care matters, especially when it comes to stroke care. Our Primary Stroke Centers are prepared to diagnose and treat stroke patients as quickly as possible to increase survival rates and decrease disabilities associated with stroke.
Inspira Headache Care Locations
Our neurologists treat patients around South Jersey from several convenient locations.