It’s normal to feel some level of stress during pregnancy, but chronic stress can result in a number of health risks, affecting you and your baby. Here’s what to know and how you can reduce stress while pregnant.Read More
During labor, some women use water to attain a state of deep relaxation to aid in their birthing process.
Our Approach to Water Birth
We believe every woman should have the resources and autonomy to make an informed choice about what birth plan makes the most sense for her and her baby.
A water birth in a hospital setting gives women the chance to enter a deep tub of warm water during labor and delivery. With a water birth, women can relax in a quiet room alongside their support system in a more comfortable and controlled birthing environment.
We encourage you to visit waterbirth.org to learn more about water birth
A certified nurse midwife from Inspira Health’s Gentle Beginnings program can answer any questions or concerns you may have when deciding if a water birth makes sense for you.
Am I a Candidate for Water Birth?
Women with low-risk pregnancies who choose a natural water birth may have an easier, more comfortable experience.
Benefits of Water Birth
A water birth can:
- Increase mobility for mother to assume a comfortable position
- Speed up labor
- Reduce blood pressure
- Provide significant pain relief and reduce the need for drugs and intervention
- Promote relaxation and control in a private, protected space
- Allow mother to conserve energy
- Reduce perineal trauma and eliminate episiotomies
- Reduce the likelihood of a cesarean section
- Provide a gentler welcome for baby