Innovation has always been a core tenant of our mission at Inspira, allowing us to expand the ways we deliver you high-quality health care – even amid a global pandemic.Read More
Message from John DiAngelo
President and CEO, Inspira Health
In my messages to you over the last several months, every chance I get, I reinforce the safety message to wear your masks, practice social distancing and wash your hands often.
Some employees at Inspira took it a step further by asking the question: how can we help our patients to comply with these practices? Whenever an employee comes up with an idea to improve the quality of our patient care, they have my full attention—and support.
Now, in addition to the important information about how to prepare for the day of an elective procedure or surgery, the patient receives a Pre-Check packet—an Inspira-branded mask, a bottle of hand sanitizer and a safety message which explains the extra steps we have taken to ensure that their hospital experience is a safe one.
The patient receives the packet when they have completed their Pre-Admission testing, a required visit prior to the procedure. The patient receives the standard tests that are ordered by their physician, as well as a COVID-19 test. We then ask them to self-quarantine until they return for their procedure.
I’m reassured to see that the number of patients returning to our three hospitals for elective procedures continues to rise. I hope everyone in our community who has postponed a procedure, test, or treatment feels confident that they can visit Inspira to resolve their medical needs.
It is very important to note that since the beginning of the pandemic, we know of no COVID-19 transmission between our patients.
Here are some of the safety measures in place at all of our Inspira facilities:
- Everyone entering our facilities is screened for temperature and a brief health status.
- Every staff member entering our hospital wears a surgical mask at all times and practices social distancing. Everyone from the community must wear a mask and we will provide one if needed.
- Our patients with COVID-19 symptoms are cared for in separate areas by their own care team. At our medical centers in Vineland and Mullica Hill, we have all private rooms.
- We have 350 specialized isolation rooms, also known as negative pressure rooms, on our patient floors and Emergency Departments which provide an extra level of protection.
- Patient care areas are deep cleaned multiple times a day to minimize the chance of infection.
- All of our staff wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for all patient encounters.
- In our facilities, we added social distancing decals designed to remind everyone to keep a safe distance.
- Clear plexiglass has been added at all information and registration areas inside the hospitals, as well as cafeterias to protect staff, patients and visitors.
- Elevators, chairs, desks and doors in all areas of the hospital are sanitized with a virucide disinfectant by our Environmental Services team.
- Waiting rooms and changing rooms have been modified to maintain social distancing.
- If there are already people in line 6 feet apart at the registration/screening area at outpatient sites, patients will be asked to wait in their car or outside until 6 feet of separation can be maintained.
- Registration, check-in and check-out processes have been streamlined to limit the amount of time patients are in the facility to avoid patients accumulating in our waiting rooms. After registering, patients are now asked to wait outside or in their car until being contacted so they are immediately taken to the treatment area without delay.
- Staff involved in the care of each patient has been evaluated and revised to limit the number of staff in each facility to ensure minimal capacity.