10 Magnolia Avenue, Suite E, Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally-invasive procedures allow surgeons to make smaller surgical incisions so you can heal faster.
The first laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of gallbladder) in the U.S. was performed in 1988, but the procedure wasn’t widely adopted until the mid-1990s.
How Minimally-Invasive Surgery Works
Minimally-invasive procedures allow surgeons to make smaller surgical incisions through which they insert a special lens called a laparoscope that includes a thin, pencil-shaped camera. Using this tool, they can visualize the surgical site and insert additional surgical instruments through the small incisions.
These techniques can provide a shorter recovery time, less pain and reduced risk of infection over traditional open surgery, getting patients back to their daily routines faster.
How do you benefit from minimally-invasive surgery?
- Faster discharge – As a result of significantly less postoperative pain and faster healing, patients can be discharged from the hospital more quickly than with open surgery
- Fewer complications – A smaller incision means there is less chance of wound complications such as infection
- Less blood loss – With open surgeries, blood loss can be significant. Because the incisions associated with minimally-invasive procedures are very small, less blood loss occurs
- Minimal scarring – Better cosmetic results are achieved with the smaller incisions used in minimally-invasive surgery. Open surgeries often result in large scars
- Quicker recovery – With many of these procedures, a more rapid recovery is possible, meaning patients can return to work and other activities much sooner
- Reduced pain – Because these approaches are less invasive and often do not require splitting muscle layers or making large incisions, there is less pain involved during the healing process
Our Minimally-Invasive Surgery Specialties
The specially-trained surgeons on our medical staff are experienced in performing dozens of minimally-invasive procedures. Using techniques that require smaller incisions and have less impact on healthy tissue helps you heal and recover more quickly so you can get back to your life and your family.
Why Choose Inspira for Surgical Care
Our award-winning and state-of-the-art surgical facilities have received national recognition and are staffed with fellowship-trained surgeons ready to guide you on your road to recovery. Our highly-skilled surgical team has been providing the region with state-of-the-art robotic surgeries since 2010.
Minimally-invasive robotic surgeries are designed to reduce scarring and speed up recovery time, so you can get back to your daily routine quicker, and with less pain.
There’s no reason to travel outside of South Jersey when skilled surgeons are operating right in your community. With more than 150 access points, you can have confidence in the robust community hospital care offered at Inspira. Whether you’re going in for a scheduled procedure or a complex emergency operation, you can trust that you’re getting the best possible care.
Inspira’s surgical team has the expertise, experience and credentials to pass on their knowledge to the surgical leaders of tomorrow. The General Surgery Residency Program is a model of excellence for medical education, research and patient care in a community-based atmosphere. Our surgeons, physicians and nurses provide skillful, compassionate care to everyone that comes to our operating rooms
Inspira Surgery Locations
Our surgical specialists treat patients around South Jersey from state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient facilities.