Our Approach to Balance System Disorders
According to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), nearly half of the U.S. population will experience some form of balance difficulty or vestibular (inner ear) problem during their lifetime.
While warning signs such as dizziness or vertigo may not appear serious on the surface, they can lead to dangerous injuries. One of the primary health concerns for older adults is falling, which is directly related to balance disorders. Studies show that one in four Americans over the age of 65 falls every year, with many of these falls resulting in serious—sometimes fatal—trauma.
At Inspira Health, we provide advanced diagnostic testing to identify the underlying cause of your balance condition, and a personalized treatment plan to help you overcome it. We’ll educate you and your family on fall prevention techniques so you can stay safe and stable at any age.
Candidates for Balance Center Treatment
If you have experienced any of the following symptoms, Inspira’s Balance Centers may be able to help:
- Difficulty getting up from a chair or out of bed
- Numbness or loss of sensation in your legs
- Trouble walking up or down inclined surfaces
- Loss of balance when standing still
- Feeling the need to look for support or grab onto something when moving around
- Problems judging distances when walking
- Decreased hearing
- Vision problems, such as double vision or blurred vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and/or sound