The Inspira Health Vascular Institute has long offered interventional radiology (IR) services to Southern New Jersey. Now, with the re-opening of Inspira’s Surgical and Vascular Center in Vineland, our integrated team of experienced IR specialists offer the same high-quality and often life saving IR services in a comfortable, convenient, outpatient setting.Read More
Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan
Computerized tomography, also known as a CT scan, allows physicians to see cross-sectional images of your body. Those images––often called “slices”––are created from a combination of X-rays and computer technology.
What to Expect When During a CT Scan
Before the CT scan, an Inspira technologist will ask you several questions about your medical history. That information will also be made available to the Inspira radiologist who will interpret your exam, so they have a comprehensive understanding of your health.
Inspira technologists will perform a CT scan to take highly detailed images of various parts of the body to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Abdomen and pelvis: To check for appendicitis, cancer, trauma or kidney stones.
- Brain: To check for bleeding, tumors, blood clots or signs of stroke.
- Chest: To check for a mass, pneumonia, trauma or even a collapsed lung.
- Extremities: To check for bone abnormalities and infections.
- Soft tissue in the neck: To check for lump or mass.
- Spine: To check for a herniated disc, trauma, or arm or leg numbness and weakness.