Cervical cancer is highly treatable if caught early on, but it can still be fatal. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about cervical cancer and its prevention.Read More
We offer free screenings for community members who are uninsured or underinsured to encourage early detection of cancer, when it is most treatable.
Inspira’s Approach to the NJ Cancer Education and Early Detection Program (NJCEED)
Many cancers have a greater than 90 percent cure rate when they are caught early. Our screening programs also include an educational component designed to help you reduce your cancer risk and promote the early detection of cancer.
Free cancer screenings are available to those who are eligible, including:
- PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood test for prostate cancer
- Clinical breast exam and mammogram for breast cancer
- Pelvic exam and Pap test for cervical cancer
- Digital-rectal exam for prostate cancer and stool test for colon and rectal cancer
- Periodic free cancer screenings are offered as well
Candidates for NJCEED Screening
Find out if you are eligible for free cancer screenings through NJCEED. Please answer the following questions and one of our NJCEED staff members will call you within two (2) business days.
This form is for residents of Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties. Residents of other counties, please call (800) 328-3838 for the fastest response.
Treatment for breast and cervical cancers detected through the NJCEED program is covered through a special Medicaid waiver program. NJCEED staff members will assist men and women diagnosed with cancer through the NJCEED program to find treatment in a timely manner. County residents can seek assistance through New Jersey’s Charity Care and other assistance programs for cancers not covered by this program.
Contact Us to Learn More
For more information, please choose your county or visit the New Jersey Department of Health website:
- Cumberland and Salem County Residents: (856) 641-8684
- Gloucester County Residents: (856) 508-3516
- Residents of all other New Jersey counties: (800) 328-3838