As we enter the winter months, the push to encourage our patients to get vaccinated against COVID-19 continues—but not without hurdles. While lymph node swelling is a common immune response to vaccination, many people have been concerned about how this occurrence could affect the results of their mammograms.Read More
Infusion therapy (IV) is an effective alternative to oral treatment that involves administering drugs intravenously through a sterile needle or catheter.
Inspira’s Approach to Infusion Therapy
When oral medication isn’t an option, many drugs can be administered intravenously to treat a wide range of conditions, from cancer to Crohn's disease. These medications are often introduced directly into a patient’s vein and secured by a member of Inspira's caring, compassionate and highly trained staff.
We offer infusion therapy to patients suffering from many conditions, including cancer, blood disorders, dehydration, gastrointestinal tract infections, pulmonary conditions such as asthma, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other acute and chronic conditions.
Inspira Health Medical Center Mullica Hill provides:
- Intravenous chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Infusion of blood and blood products, including platelets and fresh and frozen plasma
- Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG)
- Expert care of surgically implanted central lines, including implantable port maintenance
- BCG instillation in the bladder
- Supportive therapies, including hydration, growth factors and various injections
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- IV antibiotics
- IV iron infusion
- ACTH stimulation test
- Rabies vaccines
- Infusions to treat gastrointestinal, neurological and pulmonary conditions.