Eligibility Requirements for PGY1 Positions
Prospective residents must first complete the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) online application (paper applications are not accepted). When applying, be sure to check that all required documentation is uploaded and current in ERAS:
- Undergraduate and graduate medical training, including the name of each institution, degrees granted and anticipated, program completed and dates attended
- An official transcript reflecting all courses through Year 3 of medical school
- Dean’s letter
- 3-4 letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your clinical performance
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Scores
- Personal statement explaining your interest specific to your specialty
Note: Medical school graduation cannot exceed five years prior to the start of the program.
The Interview Process
Qualified candidates will participate in an interview as part of the application process. Special requests for the interview day should be discussed with the Residency Manager prior to the interview. Applicants with a travel time of two or more hours are encouraged to stay locally the evening prior.
Applicants may meet individually with the following during their interview (not necessarily in the order shown):
- Program Director
- Panel of chief residents
- Group of residents (for lunch)
If you would like more information about our educational opportunities, including internship, residency and fellowship programs, contact our Graduate Medical Education Office at (856) 641-8661.