Orthopedic Surgery Residency
Orthopedic Surgery Residency
The goal of Inspira Health’s Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program is to mold well-rounded physicians: ones who are competent in the care of the patient and who can function in today’s health care arena. Throughout the program, training will be designed to prepare physicians for clinical practice in a variety of settings.
Inspira Health is a member of RowanSOM OPTI of NJ, offering its resident doctors a variety of opportunities for diverse, qualified experiences to enhance skills.
As residents assume increasing responsibility for patient care, this residency program will give them ample opportunity to develop the skills needed to become a successful orthopedic surgeon. It is the goal of the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program to be a department nationally recognized as a model of excellence for medical education, osteopathic principles, research, and patient care.
Inspira Health Orthopedic Surgery Residency offers:
- A curriculum that teaches core orthopedic surgery training, but also allows for tailoring to an individual resident’s unique needs and interests
- A fully accredited five-year academic program that offers the rewards of a community-based atmosphere in an academic environment
- A dynamic, patient-centered care model, utilized to strengthen the physician-patient relationship during your entire residency
- An academic program that focuses on the management of patients in the out-patient setting with the emphasis on “preventive” health care
- The Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program is approved for 15 residents, typically three positions per year.
- Externships are open to all students
- The extern must provide his own transportation and accommodations
- Externs are advised to contact the program coordinator regarding their scheduled date of arrival
- Clinic attire including a laboratory coat is required
- Attending all assigned rounds, workshops, journal clubs and lectures
- Call responsibilities, which will vary
- Office rotations with physicians in the residency program
- Assisting and observing orthopedic surgery procedures
Inspira’s Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program includes a robust curriculum supported by dedicated faculty, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package, access to resident wellness programs and more.
Why Choose Inspira for Your Residency or Fellowship
The physicians, surgeons, nurses and multidisciplinary staff Inspira residents work side-by-side with each day are leading experts in their respective fields. With decades of combined experience, our talented clinical staff provides world-class medical training coupled with insightful guidance on how to thrive as a medical professional. Through clinical training, one-on-one coaching and mentorship, and didactic teaching techniques, our team will prepare you for a future in private practice, academic practice or further training in your desired sub-specialty.
Many competing residency programs are restricted to university-based environments. Through several partnerships with area hospitals and universities, Inspira takes both a university- and community-based approach. Our residents get exposure to a wide range of medical cases by practicing within our diverse and often underserved communities. These programs are smaller than those offered by large universities and contain fewer residents, which allows our clinicians to provide more in-depth, hands-on training in a unique setting.
Training to become a health care professional takes a great deal of strength, stamina, mental fortitude and most importantly, support. At Inspira, we understand that the rigorous requirements residents must meet can result in stress and fatigue. That’s why we created the Resident Wellness Committee: to foster a compassionate learning environment where wellness is a priority. We are advocates for the health and well-being of all residents, and offer access to various support services, including mental health programs and monthly gatherings on preventing burnout and depression.
Inspira’s medical centers in Woodbury and Vineland offer residents the best of both worlds: quaint small-town living with easy access to major metropolitan areas and attractions. Our programs are located in close proximity to Philadelphia and the Jersey shore, with New York and Baltimore less than 100 miles away. The region boasts a variety of different options for outdoor recreation, fine and casual dining, shopping, entertainment and more. Residents often choose to reside in downtown Philly, suburban Cherry Hill, or any one of the bustling boroughs in between.