Orthopedic Surgery Residency
The goal of Inspira Health’s Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program is to mold well-rounded physicians: ones who are competent in the care of the patient and who can function in today’s health care arena. Throughout the program, training will be designed to prepare physicians for clinical practice in a variety of settings.
Inspira Health is a member of RowanSOM OPTI of NJ, offering its resident doctors a variety of opportunities for diverse, qualified experiences to enhance skills.
As residents assume increasing responsibility for patient care, this residency program will give them ample opportunity to develop the skills needed to become a successful orthopedic surgeon. It is the goal of the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program to be a department nationally recognized as a model of excellence for medical education, osteopathic principles, research, and patient care.
Inspira Health Orthopedic Surgery Residency offers:
- A curriculum that teaches core orthopedic surgery training, but also allows for tailoring to an individual resident’s unique needs and interests
- A fully accredited five-year academic program that offers the rewards of a community-based atmosphere in an academic environment
- A dynamic, patient-centered care model, utilized to strengthen the physician-patient relationship during your entire residency
- An academic program that focuses on the management of patients in the out-patient setting with the emphasis on “preventive” health care
- The Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program is approved for 15 residents, typically three positions per year.
- Externships are open to all students
- The extern must provide his own transportation and accommodations
- Externs are advised to contact the program coordinator regarding their scheduled date of arrival
- Clinic attire including a laboratory coat is required
- Attending all assigned rounds, workshops, journal clubs and lectures
- Call responsibilities, which will vary
- Office rotations with physicians in the residency program
- Assisting and observing orthopedic surgery procedures
Inspira’s Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program includes a robust curriculum supported by dedicated faculty, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package, access to resident wellness programs and more.